PA News & Announcements

Public news and announcements from Peoples Academy.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

VSAC Financial Aid Night

VSAC Paying for College Night and FAFSA completion 
New for 2016 FAFSA: applications can be filed starting October 1, 2016. 

Attend a free Paying for College presentation at a local high school throughout the state this fall. 
All sessions are open to the public. Some Paying for College presentations may allow time to begin the FAFSA. Other schools may schedule a separate date for financial aid applications. If you can't attend the session at Peoples Academy on Thursday, October 6th 6:00pm (PA Library), consider attending one in a nearby community.
Topics include:
  • how to pay for college
  • what sort of aid is available to you
  • what forms you need to complete and when
  • how to compare college costs

Wednesday, October 5th, 5:30pm Hazen Union High School
Thursday, Oct 6th 6:00pm Peoples Academy (PA Library)
Thursday, Oct 13th 6:00pm. Lamoille Union High School
Thursday, November 10th 6:00pm (library) Stowe High School
Tuesday, November 15th 6:00pm (forms Night) Stowe High School

VSAC invites you to an informal workshop to fill out your FAFSA & Vermont grant forms, ask questions, and learn about the college financial aid process, including scholarships.
We will have internet access and plenty of time for questions and answers. Parents and students - complete a FSA ID prior to attending. Visit

All documentation that you bring will be confidential --- just for your use filling out the forms.

Gathering the Documents Needed to Apply
The FAFSA asks for information about you (your name, date of birth, address, etc.) and about your financial situation. Depending on your circumstances (for instance, whether you’re a U.S. citizen or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the FAFSA:
 Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA!)
 Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
 Your driver’s license number if you have one
 Your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
 2015 federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you and for your parents:
o IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
 Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents
 Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate, including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents
Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to us.